Slow‐Roasted Salmon with Mustard Glaze
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1/4 cup finely ground raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 275°f. Generously butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the fish without crowding.
Place the butter in a small mixing bowl. add the almonds, parsley, mus- tard, mustard seeds, and lemon zest and use a rubber spatula to knead and blend thoroughly.
Spread an equal portion of the butter mixture over the top of each salmon fillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then transfer to the roasting pan.
Place in the preheated oven and roast just until the fish is barely cooked through and the top is glazed, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.